wieliczka, what is it?
1. What is it Wieliczka?
This is an old town, located near Krakow, in the south of Poland.
2. Why is Wieliczka famous?
Because one of the oldest active mines in the world was established in Wieliczka.
3. How old is Wieliczka’s salt mine?
It is over 700 years old.
4. Is there still salt mined in Wieliczka?
No. This was stopped many years ago. Now it only processes water leaks.
5. Will Wieliczka Salt Mine not collapse on my head?
Unlikely. Whole mine is supported in different ways to prevent any serious incidents.
6. Can I take photos in the mine of Wieliczka’s?
Yes, without any doubts.
7. Is wi-fi connection available underground in Wieliczka’s mine?
Only in some designated places.
8. Is Wieliczka saltmine more interesting than Piramids?